PHP Classes

Though it appears to have been last updated on 2010-09-18, th...

Recommend this page to a friend!

Bounce Handler  >  All threads  >  Though it appears to have been last...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Though it appears to have been last...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:brett brewer
Date:2010-10-19 04:06:55
Update:2011-04-15 15:34:04

brett brewer rated this package as follows:

Utility: Sufficient
Consistency: Sufficient
Examples: Sufficient

1. Though it appears to have been last...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of brett brewer brett brewer - 2010-10-19 04:06:55
Though it appears to have been last updated on 2010-09-18, this class seems a bit dated. It is full of undefined variables that throw PHP warnings and uses some functions that are deprecated in PHP 5.3, so it took me quite a while to get working under PHP 5.3.3. I used this class as a starting point, converted it to a Kohana library and fixed the bare minimum that I needed to get it working to parse some IMAP messages retrieved from a remote server. Definitely not a simple plug-and-play script, but it saved me some time of having to write parsers for the various bounce email formats that are out there. I suspect it is in need of more updating to recognize newer MTAs and for better compatibility with newer versions of PHP. So, with all that said, I did find the class useful once I spent an hour or two beating on it with my preferred IDE/debugger.

2. Re: Though it appears to have been last...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Graham Stoney Graham Stoney - 2010-10-24 23:45:52 - In reply to message 1 from brett brewer
Hey Brett,
Could you post your updated class somewhere on the 'net please? I think your work could be really valuable for the rest of us.
Thanks,
Graham

3. Re: Though it appears to have been last...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Paul Simpson Paul Simpson - 2011-04-15 15:34:04 - In reply to message 1 from brett brewer
Hi Brett,

I am in the process of attempting (struggling) to convert this class into a codeigniter library is there any chance of getting a look at your new clas online anywhere?

Thanks

Paul

4. Re: Though it appears to have been last...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of chris chris - 2015-05-04 09:16:01 - In reply to message 1 from brett brewer
Im glad to see you got it working, i hope nothing too drastic, i just glanced over the file and im seeing a whole load of issues.