PHP Classes

authenticated user posts

Recommend this page to a friend!

CURL phpBB Functions  >  All threads  >  authenticated user posts  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:authenticated user posts
Summary:the script can log in, but canīt post when logged in
Author:miriam mssnet
Date:2006-09-24 01:58:12
Update:2007-01-17 21:25:52

1. authenticated user posts   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of miriam mssnet miriam mssnet - 2006-09-24 01:58:12
Hi!

to the class creator:

Thank you for developing this code, it's helping me a lot. I have a problem with it, thought, i run your example.php script and it manages to log in, but when the scripts posts into the forum, the post is created by a "guest user".

Is there any way to fix this problem?

2. Re: authenticated user posts   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of miriam mssnet miriam mssnet - 2006-09-24 02:40:43 - In reply to message 1 from miriam mssnet
Hi again, Dean

I fixed the problem, at least in my system.

In order to be possible for a logged in user to post in a thread, i had to change this on line 54:

function curl_phpbb($phpbb_url, $cookie_name = 'tmpfile.tmp')

to:

function curl_phpbb($phpbb_url, $cookie_name = '/tmp/tmpfile.tmp')

Apparently, it needs the full file path to properly manage the cookie.

I run Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.

Thanks again, you did an amazing job.

Mssnet

3. Re: authenticated user posts   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brian Holt Brian Holt - 2006-09-28 17:20:29 - In reply to message 1 from miriam mssnet
It logs in for me but it everything fails, but the read function works. It doesn't post, reply or message though. My PHPBB log is showing that they are logging in and viewing the index, but anything else after that is failing. I think it might be linked to an sid variable being plugged onto the end of the url string. I don't really know...

4. Re: authenticated user posts   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Matt Rice Matt Rice - 2007-01-17 21:25:52 - In reply to message 3 from Brian Holt
I've had the same problem, I've done a little more debugging and found that if I echo the $result from the topic post function I get a page from PHPBB that says "Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form." both types of postings fail with this error.

I think you are right, that it has something to do with the SID. It may be that the newer version of PHPBB has tightened up security, see this post: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=54

I talks about using the users IP address along with a session ID to authenticate. I don't see how this is a problem since all of the requests should be from the same IP, except I am unsure how CURL represents the IP address?

I have also tested one of the suggestions in the above post, I reduced the number of check digits in the ip address check to 0(zero) but still received the above errors.

These functions look great, and I really hope we can figure out what to do to make them work.