PHP Classes

imap instead of pop: fails to poulate database entires correctly

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Email To DB  >  All threads  >  imap instead of pop: fails to...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:imap instead of pop: fails to...
Summary:Pop3 connect: script OK. imap connect: script fails.
Author:FC
Date:2010-11-05 06:29:33
Update:2011-08-26 17:50:05

1. imap instead of pop: fails to...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of FC FC - 2010-11-05 06:29:34
When I use pop3 to connect to my mail server, this script functions just fine. But using imap to connect, and the script fails badly, as it produces the errors below, along with no longer inserting correctly the emails into the database. While the entries in database are made, the fields are blank... as one would assume would happen according to the messages below since the variables are not defined. Anyone with a clue. My guess is the output of headers, etc is different for imap vs pop, but I must admit I'm a bit aloof in this area.

Notice: Use of undefined constant msgid - assumed 'msgid' in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 624

Notice: Undefined index: msgid in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 624

Notice: Undefined variable: message_id in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 482

Notice: Undefined index: FROM_EMAIL in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 483

Notice: Undefined index: FROM_NAME in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 484

Notice: Undefined index: TO_EMAIL in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 485

Notice: Undefined index: DATE in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 486

Notice: Undefined index: SUBJECT in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 488

Notice: Undefined index: SIZE in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 489

Notice: Undefined index: FROM_EMAIL in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 527

Notice: Undefined index: SIZE in /db-script/class.emailtodb_v0.9.php on line 529
E-mail extract

2. Re: imap instead of pop: fails to...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of shepherd fungayi shepherd fungayi - 2011-08-26 17:50:05 - In reply to message 1 from FC
Same problem with me

3. Re: imap instead of pop: fails to...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Derek Price Derek Price - 2015-05-26 18:46:25 - In reply to message 2 from shepherd fungayi
Me too. Please help